The degree in Psychology, Neuroscience and Human Sciences is a newly established 2-year Master’s level program organised by the Department of Brain and Behavioural Sciences of the University of Pavia (DBBS) and by the Department of Humanities and Life Sciences of the University School for Advanced Studies (IUSS) Pavia. Pavia University, established in 1361, is one of the oldest academic institutions in Europe. IUSS is a member of the Federation of University Schools with Scuola Normale and Scuola Sant’Anna in Pisa.
This degree has its roots within the Italian Department of Excellence network. It is an independent Degree, although equivalent to the Italian Laurea magistrale in Psicologia (LM-51), thus allowing all students to receive the qualiﬁcation for postgraduate training and to the Albo degli Psicologi (Italian register for clinical psychology professionals).
This Master Degree program is a course of excellence providing high-level training and teaching, speciﬁcally focused on the interaction between psychology, neuroscience and human and social sciences that are connected to the investigation of the human brain and behaviour.
In addition to psychological courses, students have the opportunity to choose one or more speciﬁc curricula including:
– Social and Forensic Neuroscience (coordinated by Gabriella Bottini and Nicola Canessa)
– Neurophilosophy (coordinated by Michele Di Francesco)
– Neurolinguistics (coordinated by Stefano Cappa and Andrea Moro)
– Neurocomputation (coordinated by Egidio D’Angelo), organised in collaboration with the Human Brain Project European Research Network.
– Psychology of Music (coordinated by Tomaso Vecchi), organised in collaboration with the Neuromusic Network and the Mariani Foundation
Location: Lessons are based in Pavia, a historic university town in the Milan area and in close proximity to Milan city centre, airports and all main train stations through frequent suburban and underground trains.
Scientiﬁc coordinator: Tomaso Vecchi
Selection of Candidates: from April, 2020
Enrollment: from May, 2020
Call for Applicants – A.Y. 2020/2021
Courses start: October 5, 2020
For queries about admission and application process please write to: email@example.com (Marta)
For enrolled students: please write to firstname.lastname@example.org (Sonia)